Overview of Products & Services...this is what we do
NOLA Media and Design has been providing outsourced design and marketing solutions for more than 20 years. Our goal is to build long term relationships with our clients by providing affordable, creative and effective support on a remote, off-site basis. Our products and services are designed and proven to enhance the growth, exposure and branding of businesses of all sizes.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER – to ensure a positive and efficient experience for all, it’s vital our prospects & clients have a general understanding of the services we provide, the 3rd party products we implement, optimize and manage, and how we conduct business.
We’ve created this page to address the frequently asked questions we receive about the processes involved. More in-depth information about the products and services we provide is available below or via the navigation menu at the top of each page on our website.
NOTE: By accepting a proposal or requesting support, you are acknowledging that you have read and fully understand the information we have provided below regarding the Services and Support we provide, Website-Related 3rd Party Products and our Terms & Conditions.
Table of Contents
- From 1 page to 100 page websites.
- Fully responsive layout and design based on client-provided content.
- Slideshows, galleries, embedded videos, contact forms, internal/external hyperlinks as needed.
- Client-provided content enhancement/optimization included.
- Content writing/research – $29/hour
- Initial design phase: 30 days. Billable hours incur afterwards.*
- Websites are built on the WordPress platform.
- Website security installed and configured on all websites we design.
E-COMMERCE SHOPPING CARTS $499+
Online store/shopping carts and reservation platforms with inventory management, shipping integration, secure checkout and stats/analytics.
*Once a design sample is provided and approved, the client has 30 days to provide their content and modifications/requests to complete the site. After 30 days, changes/updates and support is provided either by hourly rates or via a Prepaid Reduced Rate plan.
There are numerous/frequently issued WordPress updates that must be performed regularly in order to maintain the integrity, functionality and security of your website, to learn more, visit: The Importance of Website Maintenance.
After your website is designed and launched, we offer ongoing support options:
- Hourly/as-needed: $29/hour (off-site) $75/hour onsite
Offered on an as-needed off-site basis. Onsite support is available is some circumstances, subject to availability.
- Prepaid WordPress System Maintenance: $155/year
Includes core, theme, php and plugin software updates, database backups, security scans and troubleshooting/fixes of the WordPress system. These updates can incur anywhere form 10-20 hours per year.
- Prepaid WordPress Maintenance + Content Updates: 20 hrs: $425 | 40 hrs: $765 | 60 hrs: $1075 | 90 hrs: $1445
In addition to the above WordPress Maintenance Plan, WordPress Maintenance + Content Updates Reduced Rate Prepaid Plans include ongoing website content updates, and/or any graphic design or marketing support you may need. Plans cannot be used for logo design, initial website design/redesign, ongoing social media marketing campaigns or search engine optimization. These hours do NOT expire and are available on an as-needed basis until exhausted. Clients subscribed to pre-paid plans receive priority support (moved up in the job queue). When website updates and revisions are requested by a client, or if we receive a WordPress system alert that maintenance is needed, we scan for and perform any pending system updates available to maintain the security, integrity and functionality of your website. These updates can include .php version, plugins (software) and the WordPress core – and are subject to our hourly billing rates.
NOTE: We are not responsible for the long-term integrity, functionality and security of a website that is not subscribed to an active maintenance plan.
Social Media is a marketing tool used to build awareness, engagement, loyalty and relationships with your audience. There are significant opportunities to achieve measurable gains within this medium. “On location” support available on designated plans.
- Management of 4-5 Social Media channels; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Business and Youtube (if your industry is a good candidate), to further build your brand, web site SEO, client loyalty and overall brand awareness.
- Campaigns are carefully curated according to your industry, needs, goals and budget.
- Provided on a month-to-month basis, no contract, however an initial 3-month minimum campaign is required.
- Monthly invoice payments are due within 10 days of receipt to avoid campaign pause and removal of posts.
- An additional budget for “boosting” to reach and grow your audience at a faster-than-organic speed is recommended.
- Enhanced images and audio/video posts included.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of enhancing the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engines unpaid results, often referred to as “organic” SEO – but organic SEO is not an instant fix. Successfully optimizing a website takes work, time and patience, as it could take several months before you see results. Our ORGANIC SEO packages include:
- Meta Tag creation on each page
- Header Tags
- XML sitemap
- Analytics and Webmaster Tools setup
- Robots.txt and Google bot crawls
- Hyperlink and Anchor Tag optimization
- Alt Tag optmization for images
- WC3 error check/resolutions
- 301 redirects
- Canonicalization analysis
- Google Schema validation
- Google Ads Setup, Optimization, & Management: $59/hour
Logo design ($425 – $1150 or quoted by scope of project) is a vital aspect of the branding strategy of a company. When commissioned to design a logo and/or branding collateral for a business, we present several “concepts” for consideration and upon selection, your designs are further modified and perfected until complete satisfaction is achieved. Upon approval, your design will be provided in several high-resolution formats and color schemes for use in your marketing collateral. Once paid in full, client owns all rights to their logo.
We’ve been designing logos, brochures, flyers, billboards and more for businesses across the planet for over 30 years. We offer impactful print and digital collateral focused on increasing your brand awareness.
3rd Party Website Products + Setup, Optimization & Management: If you do not already have the products necessary to have a live website in place, we can acquire and set up/optimize on your behalf:
- Domain name registration – $19/year
- Website and email hosting – $99/year
- SSL certificates (https) – $39/year
- Domain/Web & Email Hosting/SSL bundle – $139/year
Business Consulting, Design/Marketing Training, or storage of your submitted files or website is NOT included in our design and marketing packages, however available by request & fee:
- Business/Branding/Marketing Consulting – $59/hour
- WordPress Training – remote: $59/hour, onsite $95/hour
- WordPress Website Backup with Cloud Storage – $69/year
Note: You hosting services as storage for you website, however if you’d like to order a backup, place your order here.
- We no longer provide support for Squarespace, Wil, Shopify, G-Suite / Google Workspace
Step 1: Browse our portfolio and services pages (accessible via the navigation menu on each page) to determine if we’re a good fit for your needs, then carefully view our Terms and Conditions below. By proceeding, you are acknowledging you have done so.
Step 2: Send an email with your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a call, it’s totally up to you. Note: In-person meetings are offered in some circumstances/by request. The vast majority of our websites and social media campaigns are successfully provided on an off-site basis – you supply the content, we get curate it for web and/or marketing materials/digital campaigns.
Step 3: We provide a proposal and work with you to tweak if necessary to ensure you receive exactly what you need, within your budget.
Step 4: Submit a deposit or payment in full, depending on your chosen support level, along with content or logins we’ve advised will be needed – via email or a shared cloud service. Remember, you are the expert in your industry, and we are the expert in ours – therefore you must submit the core information for your website’s content.
Step 5: We begin your project in accordance to the proposed and accepted details and timeframe stated, typically within 48 hours.
- Social Media clients agree to regularly submit content via email, text or a shared cloud service of your choice. Campaigns payments are due by the 5th of each month.
- Website/Graphic Design clients: to request ongoing support after your website is launched, email your needs to email@example.com to be placed into our support queue. Clients subscribed to a Prepaid Maintenance Plan receive priority support.
- Schedule a Call: To best serve our prospects & clients and to manage projects efficiently, if you’d like to talk to us, we ask that all calls are scheduled @ calendly.com/nolamediadesign.
TERMS + CONDITIONS
- We provide support primarily on an off-site basis, based on client-provided content.
- Ongoing support: Email or text your request at anytime to be added to our queue (processed in the order received).
- Studio working hours: 8a-3p Monday-Friday.
- Our rockstar team: a lead designer/marketer, 1 support designer/marketer, 1 programmer/money guy
- Reduced Rate Prepaid Plans are available. Subscribers receive priority support.
- Marketing/Social Media Campaign payments due in full by the 5th of each month.
- Social Medial clients agree to regularly provide content (via email, text or shared cloud service).
- Website Design projects begin within 48 hours of receipt of a 50% minimum down payment.
- Website Design phase is 30 days after a sample is accepted, support/update requests after 30 days is billable.
- Accepted payment methods: https://nolamediadesign.com/payments
- Payments not received < 30 days of invoice result in support suspension, removal of service provided & late/reactivation fees.
- We do not store website or client-provided content after a website launched or marketing collateral has been delivered.
- Although we are certain our efforts will increase your brand awareness, no guarantees are stated or implied.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- A “Website Designed by NOLA Media and Design” link is placed in the footer area of websites we design. This mention can be removed at will, however another designer cannot replace our name with theirs, unless a full redesign is performed.
- We are not responsible for the long-term integrity, functionality & security of a website not subscribed to a maintenance plan.
3RD PARTY PRODUCTS
There is no contract for our “services” however 3rd party “products” such as web hosting, email hosting, domain names, SSL certificates (https), and advanced/pro-versions of programs and plugins used to design your website or other collateral may require an annual financial commitment.
- 3rd PARTY PRODUCT SUPPORT – In the event we manage your 3rd party products for you, support hours may be incurred to accommodate for various activities including but not limited to purchasing products on your behalf, annual renewals, client and vendor communication, product setup, modification and/or optimization.
- WEBSITE + EMAIL HOSTING is a product subscription that is required to keep websites and email active, functional and secure. Hosting serves as storage for your website and email content. This space is not owned by you, but “rented” and renewable annually. If not renewed, the hosting vendor has the authority to delete your website files and email content from their servers. We do not automatically provide backup storage, however backups are available by request and fee. If you want a backup of your website, submit $69 via any payment method here PRIOR to expiration (once expired, the hosting vendor removes access to your files and they are scheduled for removal from their servers. Once deleted, files are not recoverable.)
- DOMAIN NAMES – Domain name registration is necessary for a website, email addresses and another web-related service to be active/accessible. If a domain name you have purchased is not renewed/expires, it will be placed into a ‘redemption period’. If the domain is not reinstated by you during this phase, it is then made available for purchase by others within 60-80 days after the expiration date (in rare cases, up to 120 days).
- SSL CERTIFICATES (https) provide secure, encrypted communications between a website and an internet browser. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, the protocol which provides the encryption. SSL Certificates secure web site pages that allow visitors to submit information over the internet, such as contact information, credit card details or passwords. More info.
- RENEWALS, LATE PAYMENTS + REMINDERS – if 3rd party products expire, the product vendor may require late/restoration fees prior to re-activation. If your products expire and our support is needed to work with vendors on your behalf to restore them, hourly rates for our services will be charged. We are in no way obligated to use our resources to repeatedly send reminders regarding 3rd party product renewals.