The copy you use on your website, social media marketing, and printed materials should be informative and authoritative to attract and convert customers – and search engines.
If you struggle with writing content, we have a seasoned marketing team that can certainly help, but if you’re wanting to tackle the task on your own, check out these tips to help keep you on the right track:
- Explain clearly how your products/services solve a problem.
- Write as if you’re “speaking” to your prospects by mentioning them (ex moms, homeowners, travelers, etc.).
- Don’t overuse industry lingo, it can confuse and intimidate prospects.
- Research your competition to differentiate yourself and build a stronger brand based on your unique values and methodologies.
- Make it easy for prospects to do business with you with clear call-to-actions and next steps.
- Paint a clear picture about benefits – what your customers gain by choosing your business.
- Use relevant keywords – but overdoing it can turn off prospects and make the content sound spammy.
- Proofread – step away and revisit an article later to catch typos and grammar faux pas before you go live.
- Use images and icons that reinforce your topic.
- Validate your brand by sharing reviews, certifications/awards and professional milestones.
- Email marketing still works! Provide a “subscribe to updates” option to keep in touch with customers and prospects.
- Use tools to perform on-page SEO and grammar checks to ensure your copy is search-engine and people-friendly.
- Commit to keeping your website and social media current by writing and sharing fresh content regularly.
You’re the expert in your industry and your content should reflect that.